The proposed Project opportunity is being jointly developed and overseen by a Huu-ay-aht First Nations/Steelhead LNG Project Development Panel (PDP).

HUU-AY-AHT FIRST NATIONS:
• Huu-ay-aht is a self-governing, modern treaty Nation whose lands are located in the Barkley Sound region on the west coast of Vancouver Island at the entrance to the Alberni inlet.
• Huu-ay-aht is a member of the Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council and one of the five First Nations signatories to the Maa-nulth Final Agreement, the first modern-day treaty to be concluded on Vancouver Island, which came into effect on April 1, 2011.
• The Nation has a population of about 750 citizens, of whom 15% reside around the village of Anacla, the Nation’s principal community close to Bamfield. The remaining 85% live in Port Alberni, the Lower Mainland, across Vancouver Island, and beyond.
• Huu-ay-aht has full ownership of about 8,250 hectares of land within their territories and continue to have rights throughout their Ha-houlthee (traditional territories).

To learn more about the Huu-ay-aht First Nations, visit huuayaht.org.

News

LEADING INDUSTRY EXPERTS JOIN STEELHEAD LNG EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP TEAM more
STEELHEAD LNG AND SEVEN GENERATIONS ENERGY PARTNER TO CREATE LOW-COST LNG SUPPLY FOR ASIA more
STEELHEAD LNG EXPORT LICENCES FOR MALAHAT LNG AND PROPOSED PROJECT AT SARITA BAY APPROVED BY NATIONAL ENERGY BOARD more

Stay Informed

Contact Us

Address 2200 – 1075 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 3C9
Phone Office: 604-235-3800 / 250-277-4886
1-855-860-8744 (toll-free)
Media: 604-646-3559

×